Satisfy that sweet tooth with some batty chocolate donuts made with Zevia Ginger Root Beer!
1.5 cups multipurpose gluten free 1:1 baking flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 cup 100% pure cocoa powder
1/8 cup black cocoa
2 cups stevia baking blend
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbsp melted butter
2 eggs (room temperature)
1/2 cup Zevia Ginger Root Beer
2 cups dark chocolate chips
Nonstick cooking spray or butter for greasing the baking pan
1 Mini donut baking pan
1 cup natural mini marshmallows (optional)
2 small zip top bags (optional)
medium round piping tip (optional)
kitchen scissors (optional)
- Bring eggs to room temperature by placing them in a small bowl and covering with warm water. Let sit.
- Preheat oven to 350 º and either spray the baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, or grease the donut cups with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, black cocoa, salt, and stevia.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted butter, and Zevia. Add to the flour mixture, and whisk until completely combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a small zip top bag, cut a tiny corner off and pipe the batter into the prepared donut pan until about three quarters full.
- Bake for 6 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Wait 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt one cup of the dark chocolate chips using a double boiler or the microwave (to do this, start heating it at 1 min on 50% power, stir then continue to heat at 30 second intervals until fully melted).
- Dip the top of each donut into the chocolate and place back on cooling rack to set.
- *To turn them into bats: Draw wings and ears onto computer paper, and place under a piece of wax paper. Melt the other cup of chocolate and transfer to a small zip top bag, cut the corner, and pipe following the drawn design, fill it in.
- Set aside to harden. Using a medium sized round piping tip cut circles for the eyes out of the mini marshmallow.
- Use the kitchen scissors to cut tiny triangles for the fangs. Take a toothpick and dip it into chocolate to add the center to each marshmallow eye.
- Once everything is set, dip the pieces into melted chocolate and then place onto the donut. You can also add the parts right after dipping the donut into chocolate.